Binary Arguments in General
- warm up (e.g. "Hey, nice flower garden.")
- intro (e.g. "We've sold class 2 medical devices for 35 years")
- problem (e.g. "According to the EPA, indoor air pollution is n times that of outdoor pollution.")
- Solution (e.g. "This is what our air filter does.")
- Close (i.e. financing, if fail, go back to the problem, build money value of product, then close)
Mental Conflicts Versus Conflicts of Personal Liberty.
The Binary Relationship In Particular
There, of course, comes the trappings of civil liberties and how we are to obtain them. We do not accomplish this by dancing in pagan regalia before the "holy mother church," we do it with a concerted and impersonal lobbying campaign and with business way.
Childhood: A Binary Approach to Freedom
The transcendental approach is more applicable when either side of the argument represents personal bondage to you. The transcendental approach allows for a different variable. For example the variable a, regardless of its positive or negative attribution, is not relevant to my role in x activity.
The third method--and this is only when our personal liberties are at stake--is to strike decisively and impersonally, then move on.
2. Marquard, Odo. In Defense of the Accidental. Trans. Robert M. Wallace. New York: Oxfrord University Press, 1991. Print.
3. Blank, David L. Sextus Empiricus. books.google.com. New York: Oxford University Press, 1998. Mon. 24 Oct. 2011